Crochet Poncho Pattern List
Here's my favorite free crochet poncho pattern list and the most useful crochet pattern books. Why buy a poncho when you can easily make your own?
Links to Free Crochet Poncho Patterns
- Alpaca Boucle Poncho A mesh triangle design made with a large hook.
- Beauty in Bloom Poncho Lacy mesh with large flowers around the neck.
- Cool Poncho A triangle design with fringe. Uses the stitch often seen in granny squares.
- Cowl Poncho Triangle shape to the hips with a cowl neck and fringe.
- Fling Ponchini There's one permanent button that allows the fabric to pivot and be worn in two different styles.
- The Gift Poncho Made as a rectangle with easy diagrams for how to put it together.
- Lace Daisy Chain Poncho and Bag Constructed in strips. Good for hot weather and would look nice over a bathing suit.
- Moebius Shawl or Scarf It's a pullover, so I'm calling it a poncho. Whatever you call it, it's beautiful!
- Poncho and Cap Mesh to the waist with a ruffled edge. The hat is a cute accessory.
- Shoulder Shrug I love this one! It takes a 2 inch ring for the center front. Use any yarn weight 5 bulky yarn.
- Striped Cozy Poncho Easy warm stripes worked in any bulky yarn (yarn weight 5).
- Striped Poncho Colorful stripes in a V shape. Use a worsted weight yarn for the regular and any size 6 super bulky for the boucle yarn.
I have a section explaining yarn weights and how to determine what size yarn you have.
Crochet Books with Poncho Patterns
You might also want to take a look at the list of crochet shawl patterns.
Have you made a crochet shrug, shawl, or poncho? Please share a photo and your experiences!