Learn the Best Yarn Methods!
What's your favorite yarn method?
I have a confession to make: I'm a multi-crafter when it comes to fiber arts.
My dog thinks I might do too much crochet
I don't just have a stash for knitting and crochet, I also have a stash for weaving.
In fact, I have bags of wool, buffalo, and llama fiber sitting in my living room and waiting to be spun.
You might not have a spinning wheel and loom sitting in your living room with the crochet hooks, knitting needles, and projects in progress, but if you've discovered this website, I know something about you.
I'm guessing you have a stash of yarn and you're wondering...
What to do with it all?
- Yarn Blog
- Do you enjoy yarn crafts and fiber arts? The Yarn Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the yarn-methods.com website. Subscribe here.
- How to Knit
- Learn how to knit with some basic knitting instructions for how to use knitting stitches, yarns, and patterns.
- Knit Hat Patterns
- Looking for some knit hat patterns? Choose the most flattering hat styles and share a photo of your knitted hat creations!
- Knit Scarf Patterns
- Experiment with new knitting stitches and various types of yarn in knit scarf patterns.
- Sock Knitting Patterns
- Looking for sock knitting patterns? Learn how to knit socks and share a photo of your work!
- Knit Sweater Patterns
- You can make adjustments to knit sweater patterns and learn how to knit your own design.
- Knitting Gifts
- Here is a list of handmade knitting gifts ideas to inspire you. Think beyond sweaters and consider knitting projects like a knit purse, toys, or afghan.
- How to Crochet
- Learn how to crochet with some basic instructions on how to use crochet stitches, yarns, and patterns.
- Baby Crochet
- I love to do baby crochet from crochet baby booties to crochet toys. You can make a whole baby layette pattern!
- Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Find the best crochet afghan patterns and ideas for crochet granny squares to use your leftover yarn scraps. Share your photos!
- Crochet Hat Patterns
- Looking for some crochet hat patterns? Take a look at the various hat styles and share a photo of your own crochet hats!
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Experiment with various crochet stitches and types of yarn in crochet scarf patterns. They're so fast and easy to make!
- Crochet Shawl Patterns
- Try these crochet shawl patterns if you want to make a crochet poncho, shrug, or shawl. There are many different styles to choose from.
- Crochet Sweater Patterns
- Find the best crochet sweater patterns to learn how to crochet and make yourself a crochet vest or sweater. Share your photos!
- Crochet Projects
- Share your photos of crochet projects you've made and find ideas for crochet gifts you can make.
- Carding Wool
- Learn about carding wool on a drum carder or using hand carders.
- Spinning Yarn
- Try spinning yarn with a spinning wheel or drop spindle. You can use the woolen or worsted methods.
- How to Weave
- You can learn how to weave interesting weaving patterns and try some weaving projects at any age.
- Weaving Looms
- There are many different types of weaving looms. I describe the most common ones that I have tried.
- Types of Fiber
- There are many different types of fiber that come from plants and animals. Learn the properties of each one and how they are processed.
- Yarn Comparison
- Knowing the properties of different types of fiber can help with yarn comparison and choosing the ideal material for a project.
- Yarn Weights
- Learn about the different yarn weights and how to determine what thickness of yarn you have. Is that handspun yarn a worsted yarn?